Monday, December 31, 2007

2007: the year that was

Man, it's already the end of the year. Seems like only yesterday, I was making my first blog post.

Well, let's review what's happened in the half-year I've had this blog.


I was glad JubileeJAM! came back, but not for the price.

Grossed out some readers

Said goodbye to one vehicle and hello to a new ride.

Began my picks list. How'd I do? Something like 62-26. I'm not sure about the accuracy of the numbers, but since most of the games were slam dunks, it's not that difficult to pick right more than not.

Just for the heck of it: Alabama lost to Louisiana-Monroe.

My other football team, the mighty Weir Lions, had a disappointing season. They finished 12-2. Disappointing? Yes. They lost in the south state championship game to Puckett by one point. Then Puckett goes and lays an egg against Ray Brooks in the 1A championship game.

Oh yeah, there was this football game MSU participated in. I was there. It was great. I meant to post details of our adventure, but just didn't get around to doing it.

There was one other thing that affected my year: work. Now that I've had a few days off, I'll start the new year with new ideas and plans for new features.

Blog-wise, there wasn't a whole lot else to go over. Random crap here and there. Nothing great.

But what would a year-end post be without year-end lists? Here goes:

TV

Naturally, I'm talking about Heroes. While many panned the final episode, even the whole second season, I still thought it was better than most other shows out there. The writer's strike didn't exactly help though.

Comedy juggernaut The Office continued ruling. Dwight v. Andy is the storyline I want to see. 30 Rock stepped up as one of my must-records. My Name Is Earl better find a way to rebound, because I think it's fallen lately.

CBS dramas have really gotten me hooked. The lineup of Criminal Minds and CSI:NY is also on the must-record list. CSI: is still recorded, but it's not quite as good as it has been.

Not to be outdone, but as long as Law And Order:SVU employs Mariska, I'll record it. Plus, it's a good show.

Movies

Never got out to see any movies this year. Well, I did see ATHF:MFFT. I may have been one of about 10 people in the metro area to see it.

Music

No, I'm not going to do a best of '07 music list. While I'm using other best of lists to get the songs, I'm not just copy/pasting. I'm just going to list the songs I liked from the past year.

"Lazy Eye" - Silversun Pickups
"Phantom Limb" - The Shins
"All The Same" - Sick Puppies
"Icky Thump" - The White Stripes
"Bleed It Out" - Linkin Park
"Dashboard" - Modest Mouse
"Until The End" - Breaking Benjamin
"Ready To Fall" - Rise Against
"Teenagers" - My Chemical Romance
"Wolf Like Me" - TV On The Radio
"Intervention" - Arcade Fire
"The Pretender" - Foo Fighters
"You're Right" - Chevelle

I'm sure there are a lot more, but I can't think of them and it's taking too long to find them.

I can't think of anything else to add to this last entry of 2007. So I'll end on this note: I'm planning on completely redoing the look of this blog.

Happy New Year.

2 comments:

Christy said...

You had me until the football jargin...then picked me backup "Teenagers" by My Chemical Romance...

They do scare the shit out of me!!!

Richard Byrdk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.