Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Work hard, save your money

That's what I hear from my dad all the time. Sounds like common speak from the 'rents, right?

Wrong.

Here I am, still young, been working a steady job for over 4 years now. I'm not quite in bad of shape as Stanley Johnson is, but I feel like it. I would guess that I'm somewhere near my stomach.

Now I'm on my way to fixing this. It's taken some big cuts, mostly in things I used to do without thinking. Don't buy the fancy brands at the grocery store. Stop eating out so much (which has other benefits as well). Cut back on the social scene.

Ok, that last one is a joke. I don't have a social life.

I'm also looking at changing other aspects about me, such as getting another vehicle. (by the way, know anyone that wants to buy a nice Silverado?)

Man, what a first blog post. Get all preachy on the peeps. But it's a worthwhile message. And one that I'll hear each time before I hang up the phone.

Work hard and save your money.

No comments: