Friday, July 13, 2007

Farewell, old friend

Been trying to sell my truck for a while now. Not that I wanted to, but more of a necessity. You know, the whole money issue and trying to make ends meet.

I was about to give up. Afraid that I would have to bite the bullet and trade it in, only saving a small amount in the long run.

Then the phone call came. A guy was in an accident recently (not his fault) and was assuming the damage was enough to total his truck. So he began searching for another vehicle. That's when he saw my classified ad. After talking to him, he came to look at the truck and fell in love with it. His wife also liked it (which was half the battle).

Like Tom Petty said, the waiting is the hardest part. Well, today was the end of the waiting. His insurance company gave him the word that the vehicle was totaled, which gave him the opening to buy my truck.

I have had a good feeling about this. Now I'm relieved that it actually happened.


So farewell, old friend. We've been through a lot together. That trip to Cincinnati. The many trips to Starkvegas for footb^H^H^H. I'll miss you.

Maybe someday down the road, I'll find a time when I can get another one like it.

In the meantime, I feel like this guy:

3 comments:

The Topiary Cow said...

The shiny red truck is very nice. Good for hauling whatever needs hauling: large Bunnies, small Topiary shrublets, even giganto Topiary Sauropods on occasion.

It will be missed, but the extra coins jingling in your pocket as you pull out from the gas station will be playing a sweet tune!

Moo!

CluckyRN said...

Sweet Truck.

Dude can dance-are you really that good?

~:>

Andy said...

1. I already miss stepping *up* to get in a vehicle. Maybe I could jack up the Saturn.

2. I know how to dance. Stand in one spot, barely move side to side and let the girl dance.