Thursday, December 27, 2007

Visiting family

Since the work schedules had my sister and I in town for Christmas, the parents and our grandmother made the trip down here for Christmas Day. We ate some. I say some because someone forgot the dressing back home (thanks mom) and someone forgot to get rolls (thanks people at work that kept me two hours longer than I was supposed to be there).

Exchanged a few gifts. My gifts were mostly of the room redecoration variety. Did get one surprise in a new pair of shoes. I guess you can count my Liberty Bowl ticket as a gift as well. Wonder what my gift was to the family? Simple. The fact that I'm still employed.

So that was Christmas Day. Simple, basic, somewhat hassle-free. The way I like it.

Found out that one of my cousins was going to be visiting his dad for Christmas, which meant he was going to be traveling up towards Weir to visit our granddad. Figured I should head home to see him. It was him, his wife and daughter. I can't remember the last time I saw him and for some reason, don't recall meeting the wife and daughter at any point.

They got in that afternoon. Spent the time sitting around chatting, listening to stories of a cruise they took a while back. Our aunt was going through old pictures to show us photos of our parents as kids. Always good for a laugh or three.

It was a good couple of days.

4 comments:

The Topiary Cow said...

Cow is glad you had a hearty Christmas.

Must admit she's puzzled that YOU are on old Blogger yet poor Marshall is sent to the new site.

Moo!

Christy said...

I am really truly glad you had a WONDERFUL family fun filled Christmas!

NOW GIT YORE BUTT BACK TA WORK!!!!

We is missin ya!

Andy said...

Cow, this ain't work-related. I do have one on the new setup at work.

Christy, just make sure things aren't completely destroyed when I get back.

The Topiary Cow said...

Oooooh. Ooops. Now Cow understands.

Moo!