Thursday, August 30, 2007

It is here.

Taken from the archives of the legendary 2 Daves Pick The SEC (thanks guys):

-----
I still think CANCUNASS summed it up best:

I LOVE FOOHBUHL. LOVE IT. LUV. IT. LUUUUUH. UHHHHHV. 1T!!1

I LOVE FOOHBUHL. LOVE IT. LUV. IT. LUUUUUH. UHHHHHV. 1T!!1

I LOFE TO PLAY FOOHLBHUHL.

LOFE TO SMELL FOOHBUHL.

LOFE TO WACH IT ON TV. LOVF TO TAPE RECURD AND WACH IT AGAIN AND AG1N!!

LOFE TO TOUCH FOOHBUHL WHILE I SLEPE.

FOOHLBUHL SMEELLS GOOD. LETHER. UHM. DID I MENTION THAT I LUHV

FOOHBLUFUBUL!!!11 KAN'T 1IWAIT111

I LIKE TO DRAW PITCHERZ OFF FOOHBUHIUL

PITCHER -> (editor's note: this is as close as I could get it to appear normal online)
  ________
 /                      \
/                        \
(     +++++      )
\                         / <- LI3K TO SMELL THIS.
 \________/ <- L1EK TO FONDLE THIS.

FOOH!! BHULLHL!!!!
-----

Thank you, CANCUNASS.

Yes, it's time for football. Or as Crazy Ed Orgeron says, FOOBAW!

Tonight, I'll be in Starkville watching LSU scrimmage as they prepare for Virginia Tech ... I mean, as Mississippi State takes on LSU in the season/SEC opener for both teams. Hopefully, my cell phone won't crap out on me and I can snap a few good pics.

Since the 2 Doof, er Daves are retired, I thought about doing a weak attempt at copying them. Well, I've got eleven weeks to perfect it. So here goes.

2 A's Picks The SEC (and Weir High)

Alabama vs. Western Carolina

The first of Saban's 36 national titles at Bama begins with this cupcake. By the way, those 36 titles will come in only 5 seasons. He's that good.

Row Tahd 38, Non-SEC Directional Carolina 10

Arkansas vs. Troy

The Pigs are good and Troy isn't the pushover they used to be. But still ...

sasnakrA 31, Boys 17

Auburn vs. Kansas State

Interesting match-up. K-State is working to get back to winning, something they aren't used to. Auburn is looking to stay healthy through their first four games (sigh).

Plainstigereagles 42, Little Apple 17

Fl*rida vs. Western Kentucky

Zzzzzzzzzz, huh? Oh, the game. Maybe we'll see some camera shots of Tim Tebow's woman.

Urban warfare eleventy billion, Patsy 3

Georgia vs. Oklahoma State

Another Big-12 opponent for the Hairy Dawgs. Should show UGA where they are right off the bat.

Hunkering down 28, Pokes 20

Kentucky vs. Eastern Kentucky

Wow. An inter-squad scrimmage.

Big Blue 49, Directional Blue 14

Ole Miss at Memphis

Two SEC teams open the season on the road. I don't think this one counts.

Yaw yaw yaw 13, Tiger High 12

South Carolina vs. La-Lafayette

I miss the directional Louisiana school names.

Cock-n-Fire 38, La-La 7

Tennessee at California

Now this is what you call a road game. It's also what you call either really confident or really stupid (see: MSU vs. West Virginia).

Wine sippers 35, Shine sippers 28

Vanderbilt vs. Richmond

If this were basketball and about 6 years ago, maybe. But it's football and now. Plus, it's Vanderbilt. Oh, that's right. I can't talk smack about them.

GPA 21, Spiders 0

Mississippi State vs. LSU

I've seen a couple of sites play simulations of this game on the new NCAA Football '08 video game. Most of them all result in the same thing: LSU domination. Unfortunately, I can't link to them since they are member subscription sites.

But I can post results from my own video game experiences on this game. The day I bought the game, I put it in the PS2, set the game to the hardest settings and simulated the upcoming season. The result? MSU 33, LSU 21. My boy VHDawg said the game was defective and I should return it. Later, I ran another simulation and it had MSU winning a defensive battle 10-7.

What should we take from this? Video games programmers don't know diddly poo about football.

Corndogs 41, Whipped Dogs 17

And as a bonus pick, the Mighty Weir Lions (my yang to MSU's yin) begin their quest for a seventh state title. This time, they have to go through the south part of the state. Doesn't matter.

Weir vs. South Leake

I don't know anything about South Leake. But I do know that Weir has a new head coach and a new offensive coach. The head coach, well, all he has to do is manage the game. The offensive coach is former head coach Joe Gant. Coach Gant only has 5 of those state titles.

It's a home game. It's smash-mouth football. It's a thing of beauty.

Big Red 34, Drippy 21

Now let the games begin.

2 comments:

Supermom said...

wine sippers vs. shine sippers

ROFLMAO!

The Library Guy said...

Nice picks. I agree with them. Weir's going to have a tough road being in the South. They've got to contend with Puckett and Mt. Olive.