Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Savenetradio.org

I like music. Especially new rock music. That's why I listen to Rock 93.9 98% of the time while driving.

I don't like commercials. Especially the ones around here. That's when I flip to a different station and hope that there isn't a sucky song playing. I also flip when 93.9 plays a classic rock song (he types while listening to 93.9 online as they play Van Halen "Everybody Wants Some").

All this to say that while at work, I often listen to online radio stations. My latest discovery is Urge (it was in my latest Windows Media Player). A few of those stations are free, most require subscriptions. I listen to it because the stations there will play the same songs as 93.9, but also play cool new songs you won't hear on the radio here.

And no commercials! ... kinda.

Lately, they have been hyping this legislation going through Congress that would increase royalty fees online stations would have to pay. These stations would have to shut down as a result of the high costs.

Is this legit? I don't know, but I'd hate it if it were.

Today, stations had a day of silence. Don't let them go silent forever! (or some cheesy slogan like that)

SaveNetRadio.org

(Hopefully the image shows. It does in preview.)

So, yeah, click and do something.

1 comment:

vhdawg said...

C'mon Dave, gimme a break!