Monday, June 25, 2007

Free parking vs. Free parking

Since I started working during the days at the office, I had to find an available parking spot. The closest free parking I could find was some five blocks away near the Capitol. Not too bad of a walk.

Now, the company has opened up a new parking lot for free. It's four blocks away, next to the Post Office. Also, not a bad walk, but there are fewer sidewalks on this route. And not as much shade. But it is free (unlike the other spot which is only free). And will always be available, unlike when the Legislature is in session.

I guess it depends on if I'd rather get beaten up then mugged or mugged then beaten up. (you know, because there are 1258 criminals for every 1 person in Jackson)

5 comments:

The Library Guy said...

Shade is never overrated during the summer. I'd say park near the legislators when they're not in session. I'd rather park a little further away near the shade whenever possible.

The Topiary Cow said...

"...1258 criminals for every 1 person in Jackson"

Ahem.

Also, there are 1259 people for every Topiary in Jackson.

Just fyi.

Moo!

CluckyRN said...

Dude. I LOVE the Chuck Norris Random Facts Generator. Watch out-stacey will show up soon!

May I correctly assume you are the "Andy" of MR's blog 'age-changing' fame?

Nice to meet you~
~:>

Andy said...

Darn that Marshall for blowing my cover. Plus, he still owes me a Dr. Pepper.

CluckyRN said...

Actually, he posted today that he owed you TWO ICE COLD DR. PEPPERS.

Go collect, my man..

~:>