Saturday, May 3, 2008

Time for a roundup post

Another week is done. Another project finished at work. I can't link to it yet, but I'll let the outdoors guru tell you himself.

Outside of that, it's been a pretty unproductive week. I had been hoping to take a day or two off to do some golfing and goofing off. Rain and work stopped that. But nothing will stop me next week.

So in the meantime, here's some various, insignificant items that I've done lately.

Doubt you can notice, but I edited the HTML of the blog template today. The middle column wasn't wide enough to hold YouTube videos. So I bumped it up a few pixels and now things look like they fit.

Speaking of the blog, I decided to check out all the reports generated by SiteMeter (located in the right column) and Google. The number of hits is low, which is expected because no one clicks here. Some of the referring pages was interesting. Here's a sampling.

- shortcuts.com: This is a coupon site. I'll say that it's not the greatest thing, but if they offered more coupons, it would be awesome. I talked about it here.

- joe gant ms football: Coach Gant was my football coach back at Weir. He's now the offensive coordinator, after sitting out a few years of retirement. Look up 'MS high school football winner' in the dictionary, and his picture is there. He took tiny Weir (a small 1A school) to the state championship game at least 7 times and won 5 of them. Flat out, the man could coach and win with a bunch of small-town boys. Where does he fit in my blog? Oh, I don't know.

- at&t roadside: Oh boy, what a night that was.

- tmbg widget: Linked to my They Might Be Giants concert report.

- There were a number of Google image links to this post about Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law. ("Open it.")

I gotta give a special shoutout to one reader. Mariann, thank you for the tens of clicks. :)

Now if I can just get the Topiary back.

Speaking of getting stuff back, I'm trying to figure out why I can't post photos from my cell phone anymore. I took a couple recently and now, have no way of displaying them. This sucks.

I haven't posted about how much I'm glad my TV shows are back. Law and Order: SVU is ruling, as always. CSI:NY is kicking serious hind end. The Office, the greatest. Even Earl is picking things up. 30 Rock still rocks. And I still can't miss CSI: and Criminal Minds. Good stuff going on.

I'll end this here. I got some important stuff to get to. That PlayStation isn't going to play itself. Oh, be on the lookout for a post about JubileeJAM! coming Monday.

No comments: