Sunday, March 9, 2008

They Might Be Giants

Just got back from Hal & Mal's where I saw They Might Be Giants perform. Before the concert review, I need to tell the back story of how I came to attending this show.

Earlier in the week, I was scanning online, trying to find out info on any bands coming to the area for the upcoming music festivals. There, I saw TMBG listed as playing in town. Wha? Really?

So I went and asked one of the editors of the C-L's Weekend section. She tells me about the interview one of our reporters had with them. I was getting a little more excited.

Now, I know who TMBG are. I can name maybe four songs of theirs, though. I admit, I'm not an uber-fan. I know of them. I know they are different. Their songs I know are their more popular ones. But still, I wanted to check them out live.

And I'm glad I did. That show rocked! Although, I have one minor complaint. They didn't play one of the few songs I know: "Don't Let's Start". But still, it rocked!

It took them 25 years to come to Mississippi. They hope it doesn't take another 25 to come back. Neither do I. I'll be there if/when they come back. And I'm sure others will as well.

No comments: