Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Three Stooges movie

Seriously? This is legit?

From the official Stooges site.

I saw this earlier on Yahoo and it read as if these actors were rumored to be starring as The Three Stooges. I showed a co-worker and he said the whole thing was a bad idea. Don't crap on the Stooges legacy. Plus, Hollywood has no more original ideas, but that's another rant.

As for the selections, I could maybe see Jim Carey as Curly. The mannerisms, if he tones it down a bit. The look? Nah, you probably need someone portly to be authentic. The article says he's going to put on some pounds to play the role, but I still have trouble seeing it.

Sean Penn? As Larry? He better do a phenomenal job after stealing the Oscar from Mickey Rourke.

Benicio Del Toro as Moe? The look, maybe. The acting? I have no clue.

This is setting up to be one end of the spectrum or the other. It's either going to be the most awesome thing ever or it's going to suck big time. I can't see any middle ground here.

Still, I'll likely go see it.

No comments: