Friday, April 18, 2008

This is for you, Chu Yuan

Who is Chu Yuan, you ask? Click here for a brief description and to see what I'm talking about. (more after the jump)

Tomorrow morning, I'll be at Old Trace Park real, real early. Too early, in fact. I hate waking up that early. But I agreed to do this, so I'll be there.

At first, it was a fun little thing to do. Wasn't expecting anything outrageous. We have a team here at work and we're looking forward to having a good time.

One hitch though. This thing requires physical activity. Ouch. A bunch of out-of-shape cube-dwellers are expected to row a boat across the Rez? Ha, I say.

Because of bad weather and other stuff, we haven't been able to have a team meeting. No big deal, right? Well, today (yes, today) we received a printout of techniques on how to row, how to sit, how to do all this dragon boat stuff. Ouch. Even worse, the one person set to give us tips on what to do will only be there for about a half hour in the morning. Yikes.

I think it's safe to say now that The Headliners (that's our name) will take part in a comedy of errors not seen since the Keystone Cops.

Pray for us.

No comments: