Friday, November 30, 2007

Hats off to Puckett

13 - 12

From the description my dad gave me, Weir's quarterback threw three perfect passes early in the game. Problem was that they were all to the same player for Puckett.

Puckett got the early lead on a touchdown drive. Weir got their two scores as a result of fumbles from Puckett deep in their own territory. Late in the game, Weir was stopped on a drive, punted and Puckett drove to score and take the lead. They stopped Weir's next drive and held on to run out the clock.

Well, that's what you do when you're the #1 team in the state. If you can't blow the opposition's doors off, you grind it out and prevail in the end.

It looks like Puckett vs. Ray Brooks for the title next weekend. I'll go ahead and say Puckett takes another title home.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey...sounds like that was a great game. I think that's the closest game Puckett has played all year.

I guess you can say Puckett is my adopted team of choice, since Sturgis bit the dust...no thanks to the idiot we call the Okt. County Supervisor.

Andy said...

Yeah, I know why Puckett is your adopted team.

Unknown said...

Ha...yep. They wear maroon and dress out 20 or less.