Saturday, August 22, 2009

The afternoon of sweat

Yeah, that title will put butts in the seats.

With the almost constant rain we've had for the past few weeks and work beating me down like a rented mule, I needed to get out and do something. So I did just that today.

Have not taken the bike out for a spin in about a month, mostly because of the rain. Partly because of laziness. Today was going to be different. So I started my day bright and early at the crack of 1 pm. When I said work was beating me down, I meant it. Especially last night.

After a bite to eat, I decided to take a stroll around the neighborhood. Just to get outside and get a little sweat going. And hoping that my laundry would be done and ready for the dryer when I got back. Step one, accomplished.

Grabbed all my stuff and got on the bike. Before when I went riding, I just made the rounds here in the neighborhood. Not this time. Let's go crazy. I tackled Thrill Hill and it's speed bumps. I can proudly say that I made it up the hill on the first leg of my trek.

On the other side of the hill is some back parts of Madison County that won't show up when you search for Madison. The back road I went on had some nice houses out there. Would have never guessed that. Made the loop out there, only had one dog chase me, and got back to the main road to head back up the hill.

Had the all clear both ways and got my speed up and made it over the first speed bump easily, the second speed bump not so and the third by walking. You could say I hit a wall, or more accurately, a hill.

Rested a bit before coasting down back towards the neighborhood. Made a loop through then back to the house.

No idea how long I was out, how far gone and all that. I'm not that hardcore of a biker.

Now to continue the afternoon of sweat by mowing the grass. Personally, I blame the neighbors, since they mowed today.

Then the plan is to go eat bar food and drink beer.

No comments: