Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Countdown to 'manternity leave'

1.5 more days. Wait, you're thinking, what is 'manternity leave'?

A buddy of mine coined the phrase when he took a few days from work and took a trip to St. Louis. He's a Cardinals fan, so that was his reasoning for his leave.

This weekend, MSU plays at Georgia Tech. GT is in Atlanta. I have a number of friends in Atlanta, so I thought this would be perfect for my 'manternity leave'. I've got my vacation form filled out. This Thursday begins my leave.

First, it will be the Viking Golf Classic. I've got passes to one of the club areas. Plus, Thursday is when the big name chefs will be there. (side note: still have an extra pass)

Friday, heading out to Hotlanta. There are a couple of MSU-related events this weekend. First, the Braves are in town and the local MSU alumni chapter has a special deal for the Friday night game. Also, the Falcons are playing Sunday, same type of deal for that game. May try the Braves game at least, not sure about the Falcons game.

Monday, on the way back, I'm picking one of the recommended golf courses a co-worker gave me and giving it a try. I haven't played a round in a long time. What a way to shake the rust off by visiting a new, nice course and reeking havoc.

Now I wished time would fly for me.

4 comments:

Webmaster said...

Go. Blow out some carbon. Have fun and enjoy your vacation!

Miss Mud Puddle said...

Oh, so this was the Atlanta fun you were talking about???

Maternity leave...hmmmm...don't think it would be the same if I used that phrase.

Miss Mud Puddle said...

Oh, and I sent you an email!

hey Sandi!

Webmaster said...

Hey chick ... what's up with you these days?