Friday, April 16, 2010

Setting up my 3-day weekend

Today begins a nice 3-day weekend for me. Taking the day off from work. I deserve it. Besides, it's for an important cause.



Me. Saturday is my birthday. I'll be thirty-five. Or as I like to borrow from an country song back in the day:

"Old enough to know better, but still too young to care".

So how am I going to spend my birthday weekend? I'm glad you asked.

Today is going to be 'get crap done around the house' day. I'm going to start by washing my car, 'cause it needs it. Then just little things around the house: wash dishes, clean up the bathroom, straighten up the bedroom. You know, things that have to be done that have been put off for the longest time. Before heading out of town, got to get a haircut. This mane is going crazy.

I'm hoping to get in a bike ride as well. Having gotten on the bike in a few months now. The weather is perfect for it, but the motivation is not. I'll also blame my thirty-five-year-old back for being a pain in the ... well, back, the past few weeks.

Was hoping to make it up to Starkville for the final spring practice/walk through. Granted, it's not much to see, but it's as good a reason to head to campus as any.

Speaking of football, that's Saturday's main event. The Maroon/White spring game is Saturday evening. Nice of them to choose my birthday for Super Bulldog Weekend two years in a row. Not quite sure what all our plans are for Saturday, but the game is a must.

I know my parents are carrying me somewhere to eat, or at least I hope so. There will be cake. Oh yes, there will be cake.

Sunday will be just like any other Sunday. Will likely head to church with my parents. After, sit around the house for a bit. Then head back down this way early enough to head to church and see my crew.

So there you have it. That's how a single, thirty-five-year-old spends his birthday weekend. It's a celebration!

No comments: